The website was initially funded by the local learning partnerships and the Learning and Skills Council. It is now supported by EMCETT, the East Midlands Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training. The eastmidlandscpd website was launched in 2005 to support a network of local SfL workforce development projects and professional development centres in the region.
The eastmidlandscpd website aims to support the network of Skills for Life practitioners working in the East Midlands by:-
- providing a platform for anyone delivering Literacy, Numeracy or ESOL in whatever context to communicate with colleagues from across the region.
- providing a regional reference point with information about local teacher training and professional development opportunities, news, events and resources.
- helping those delivering or supporting the delivery of SfL the East Midlands to keep up to date with current developments.
The eastmidlandscpd website relies on a variety of partners and agencies to provide this information; the details on this site are correct to the best of our knowledge.
Help us to create a strong network
Share your ideas and methods of working. Use your network to tell your colleagues in the region about events, job vacancies or training opportunities. Initiate or contribute to a discussion ask for advise and share good practice.
EMCETT is one of 11 Centres for Excellence (CETTs) across England set up to improve the quality of teacher training and support the development of the FE workforce. CETTs are specifically concerned with the new requirement for teachers to carry out a minimum of 30 hours of CPD each year to improve their knowledge and update their teaching skills.
EMCETT aims to:-
- Create a sustainable partnership responsive to sector needs that will equip teachers with the skills and knowledge they need to provide excellent, imaginative, up to date and relevant teaching.
- Raise the overall quality of Initial Teacher Training (ITT) provision.
- Improve and develop subject specialist mentor support.
- Support the integration of Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and continuing professional development (CPD) and Human Resources (HR) systems and processes across the CETT system.
- Provide CPD opportunities to meet specific training needs and improve progression opportunities for trainees.
EMCETT is supporting a Regional SfL Forum Group and a Regional Strategic (SfL) Workforce Development Group and various Communities of Practice to support the development of teacher education.